Old Dynamo Light Repair at Flying Pigeon LA

I tried re-wiring, checking the bulbs, checking the dynamo, and wasting about a day trying to get this thing to work. I finally went out and bought a continuity meter at the local Home Despot and found out that the light mount wasn’t allowing electricity to flow through the shell of the light due to a build up of oxidation between the mount and the shell. I tried to solder a copper wire between a contact point on the shell of the light and the mount (unsuccessfully). Luckily, the heat and vibration of my work got the juice flowing again – must have dissolved or broken up the oxidation. I was so excited I made this video.

Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.